Contraception - Pregnancy Prevention And Control
What Is Contraception?
Contraceptive methods are ways to prevent pregnancy when you don't want it. They should not be confused with prophylactics which are ways to prevent sexually transmitted diseases. There is some overlap between the two though e.g. Condoms are both prophylactic and Contraceptive.
How Do I Choose The Best Contraceptive Method For Myself?
There are 15 different methods of contraception and you can choose the one that suits your needs exactly.
- If you are comfortable using a Contraceptive every time you have sex you can use male and female condoms, spermicidal gel, an emergency Contraceptive pill or a diaphragm
- If you want an option that you use everyday a Contraceptive pill will be the best option.
- If you want an option that is replaced weekly then you'll find the Contraceptive patch the most useful.
- A vaginal ring has to be replaced every month.
- Contraceptive injections can be taken every three months.
- A Contraceptive ink implant can be renewed every three years.
- Intra Uterine Device (IUD) and Intra Uterine Systems(IUS) can be replaced every five years.
There are many other criteria you can choose from. Depending on your age, menstrual cycle and other preferences you can zero in on the best contraceptive method for yourself
Dr. Nandita Palshetkar, who is the best gynaecologist in Mumbai and India will give you the best advice tailored explicitly to your needs. Dr. Palshetkar is known for her experience in gynaecology and obstetrics and has helped thousands of women with their pregnancies (prevention and assistance both). Do consult and find out the best options for you.