Leadership & Community Service
- Pradhan Mantri Surakshit Matritva Abhiyan
The Pradhan Mantri Surakshit Matritva Abhiyan has thus been launched by the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare (MoHFW), Government of India to provide fixed day assured, comprehensive and quality antenatal care to pregnant women on 9th of every month. Hon'ble Prime Minister has appealed to private sector obstetricians to volunteer their services for this programme and dedicate 12 days in a year to the health of pregnant women. MOGS and its members are actively involved in this social cause.
- Violence against Doctors
- MOGS and the team took part and supported the cause with AMC, IMA and FOGSI – to oppose the violence against doctors and was a part of the bandh and the rally for the same.
- Making a Difference FOGSI MOGS YOUTH SUMMIT
Dr. Suchitra Pandit & team organised a very successful FOGSI MOGS Youth Summit in association with Rotary Parleshwar with our FOGSI Youth cell Team and MOGS Youth Council members on 1st & 2nd February, 2017 at Sathye College and We-school, Welingkars Institute of Management at Matunga. A total of 950 students attended the reproductive awareness program and health exhibits. This also included Self defence, gender sensitisation and role plays along with Youth Rally and awareness programs.
- Health Check-up Camp – Police personnel and their families A Step to creating awareness on health, screened for cervical cancer, diabetes, blood pressure, dental checkup, bone densitometry and Physiotherapist consultation. This was one of a kind program where the camp was done not at a medical facility but literally we managed to reach out to the people at their homeland. The D Y Patil Dental College interns managed to screen all the patients for dental health and HBTMC & Cooper hospital actively contributed to this social cause. Dr Kedar Ganla and Dr Ameya Purandare and the team along with the young youth council worked hard for this endeavour. This would not have been possible without active collaboration from Dr. Pradnya Saravade IPS (Addl-DG) Maharashtra Police, Mr. Dattatray Padsalgikar (Police Commissioner of Mumbai) Mr. Anup Kumar Singh, Jt. CP (Admin), Dr. S M Patil (Police Surgeon) & Dr. Rajeshree Katke (Superintendent, Cama Hospital) The program was very well appreciated and we have been requested for similar all over Maharashtra - conducted at police headquarters–Worli, Mahim and Andheri-175 participated in the Worli camp, 184 women at Mahim Police Colony and 250 police personnel and the relatives at Marol Police Centre Andheri East.
- Rural Health Camps
Blood Donation Camp In Rural Area – Palghar – Dr. Rajendra Chawan, with 104 participants MOGS Organized Free ANC Camp For High Risk Mother Detection.
- Organ donation drive - “ Be an organ donor - Save Lives "
An initiative started by MOGS with the Maharashtra Government, a unique initiative urging all memebers to be a part of the organ donation drive
- Armman project
The Armman project for HIV/AIDS which was launched by one of our MOGS doctors, Dr. Aparna Hegde. We are creating programs for antenatal care for pregnant woman with HIV. It will be a joint MOGS - Armaan initiative where the MOGS doctors will work with Armaan to create this campaign and take it forward.
- MOGS Community / Social Services - Making a Difference
MOGS has always been at the forefront for giving back to the society. Social and community service has always been the priority for the committee and the council, we have created a special cell for the same. We have proved it well again that we all as obstetricians however busy do go out of our way and give back to the society at individual and community level. We have carried out many educational awareness activities for the young, pap smear camps across the city, working with the Salam Balak Trust, Sneha Foundation etc.
- This was the first time ever that the Yoga Day celebrations were adopted by MOGS on a grand scale and all the members were encouraged to be a part of Yoga by the Bay on the 29th May 2016 at Marine Drive. MOGS members enthusiastically participated along with Shaina NC and Mickey Mehta.
- International Yoga day program HBTMC Cooper Hospital by Dept of physiology in collaboration with MOGS was great fun. With a walk for public awareness on 20th June active participation by 85nursingstudentsandstaffalongwiththedoctors. International Yoga day 21st June we had demonstration & a talk by Dr Sanjay PhD in Yoga -Bihar University. The program was attended by 50 people.
- She's Ambassador – MOGs in association with PVR and IDA
Health education of girls has often taken a back seat globally, and we are not any different. The seeds in my mind tocontribute towards empowering the girls through health education were sown when I read disturbing media reports in leading publications. That was the time I was also the President of M.O.G.S., which since its inception in 1934 has pioneered many educational initiatives and constantly endeavours to act as catalysts of positive change in the society.
This was the time, I reached out to PVR Nest and we together conceptualized “She’s Ambassador” program, which is dedicated to the adolescent girls of this great city.
Through this first ever health and leadership initiative, it is our sincere endeavour to develop the capacities of adolescent girls to act as “Health Ambassadors” within their communities and enact a positive social change on how health of girls is perceived.
She's ambassador youtube link - View Link
- Participated in the Health Camp organized by Honourable Minister for Medical Education, Water Resources and Command Area Development., Shri Girish Mahajan at Nandurbar in April 2017. Nearly 2,40,222 people took benefit from this camp which included children from 0 to 6 years as well. The camp Conducted Investigations and general checkups for the Eyes, Brain, Kidneys, Gynaec problems, lung problems, Nerves and Cancer.
- Conducted Adolescent Health camp in 2018 in Jamnagar which was based on menstrual hygiene, health and nutrition for adolescent women. We managed to reach over 1500 adolescent girls.Launched “We for Stree - Safer, Stronger, Smarter” health initiative aimed at making indian women safer, smarter and stronger as they march towards 2020.
- Conducted Anaemia detection camps. 80000 women in over 250 towns have been detected and treated in over 3000 doctor’s clinics.
- Initiated FOGSI Champions of Motherhood which offers free childbirth to those women below poverty line. So far over 100 women have been treated under this initiative.
- The Wellness of Women initiative to screen and diagnose genital cancers and educate women to bring about changes in lifestyle to prevent non communicable diseases, more than 100 events involving close to 5000 women health care providers and over 50,000 women have been successfully organised all over India.
- FOGSI Yuva Olympia a unique program organised for the youth focussing on health, fitness, reproductive rights and empowerment in which more than 12000 youth participated.
- Partnered with the Family Planning Association of India in their campaign against gender-based violence.
- Partnered with Niine Foundation, an all India NGO spreading awareness about menstrual hygiene. The program was carried out on International woman’s day where people from over 500 cities participated to break the taboo around periods and to support menstrual hygiene.
- Walked on ramp for Cancer Patient Aid Awareness.
- Increased Public Awareness in India for infertility procedures such as IVF, IUI, ICSI and ART by spreading the message of a possible solution through;
Articles - various Health and female readership magazines (SAVVY, Cineblitz, Femina etc.) and also through regular newspaper articles in leading newspapers across India in English, Marathi, Hindi and Gujarati languages
Talk shows – on several TV channels, so as to touch as many lives as possible across India. Also given talks at several Mahila mandals in Mumbai on Menopause, Female Fertility & Hygiene
- Free Infertility camps conducted at Palanpur, Bharuch, Bhuj, Yerawal, Junagarh & Surat in 1999 & 2000.
- Free Medical Camps conducted in Palshet, Gujrat, Lilavati Hospital, D Y Patil Hospital, Borivali & Palghar.
- Associated with Adolescents’ school health programme with Johnson & Johnson in the city of Mumbai.
- Cancer Awareness Workshop & Screening Camp conducted at Lilavati Hospital, Mumbai, 27th April 1999.
- ART – Bhatar Ghoddad Doctors Club Surat 15th December 2002
- Established Free infertility Telephone Help lines : in Mumbai on September 2003 & in New Delhi in April 2004
- Established Free Internet E-mail Help : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Established Free Online Consultations on websites :