Short CV of Dr. Nandita
Dr Nandita Palshetkar is Founder and Medical Director of the famous Bloom IVF Group which has been recognized for doing great work in the field of Reproductive Medicine in India since past 30 years.
This much awarded IVF chain owning 8 centers all over India including Mumbai , Navi Mumbai , Delhi , Gurugram and Mohali, has received numerous awards including the international Frost and Sullivan award.
She has introduced many path breaking technologies in India including ICSI in 1996, Laser Hatching in 1998, Egg Freezing and Ovarian Tissue Freezing in 2007, Spindle Check in 2006, Embryoscope in 2012 which was a first in entire Asia and path breaking Non Invasive Pre Implantation Testing using whole genome amplification of DNA leaked in spent culture media and subsequent NGS analysis for PGT - A. Recently the first births in India using this non invasive PGT -A technique was published in the reputed journal Polymorphism , indeed a landmark achievement.
Dr Nandita has also done innovative work in the field of Micro TESA and ICSI for Non Obstructive Azoospermia. She has also introduced the technique of Single Sperm freezing using Sperm Vitrification device.
The first births in India using such vitrified sperms was recently published in the journal Indian obstetrics and gynecology. She has also been doing innovative ongoing research in the field of ovarian rejuvenation using PRP and bone marrow stem cells.
Dr. Nandita did her post graduation from GMC Mumbai and went to Gent, Belgium for further training.
She is the only person who has headed all the national and state organizations of OBGYN in India.
Dr. Nandita is currently President of The Association of Maharashtra Obstetric & Gynaecological Societies. (AMOGS)
- President Elect of ISAR.
- She is Immediate Past President Federation of Obstetric & Gynaecological Societies of India and of the Mumbai Obstetrics and Gynaecology Society. (FOGSI)
- She is Immediate Past President Mumbai Obstetrics & Gynecological Society (MOGS)
- She is Immediate Past President Indian Association of Gynaecological Endoscopists (IAGE)
- She is also Immediate Past Chairman of The Maharashtra Chapter of ISAR.
- Has given more than 900 talks, contributed > 100 chapters and papers edited 23 books and delivered more than 65 orations.
- She has received numerous awards for the exemplary work in the field of women health
- She is working with the police families to uplift their health and also with adolescent girls of Mumbai for their empowerment.
- She has started the programme She’s Ambassador with the underprivileged girls of Mumbai to instill leadership qualities & make them the ambassadors of good healthy in their communities.
- As a President FOGSI Dr. Nandita Palshetkar’s theme was “We for Stree – Safer, Stronger, Smarter” which is aimed at making India’s women safer, stronger and smarter as we march towards the future.
Her long life and career contributions to the cause of IVF popularisation have brought her multiple awards and recognitions. Her career has been rewarding both for her as well as her patients and the medical fraternity, naming a few awards :
- Fellowship honoris causa from RCOG for achievement in the development of women's healthcare September 2021 at London
- Received CME Dronacharya Award for exemplary contribution towards Gynaecology & IVF 2021
- Received CSR Award for contribution in Women & Child Health initiative 2020
- Received FOGSI DC Dutta Prize for Best FOGSI Publication - FOGSI FOCUS on Recent Advances in Infertility 2021
- Received "ICOG Vidya Bhushan Award" for her outstanding work in ICOG 2021
- Received Dr BN Purandare outstanding social services award by MOGS 2021
- Felicitated by "GOLDEN AIMS AWARD" For Excellence & Leadership in Healthcare, 2020
- Felicitated by AMC (Association of Medical Consultants) for contribution in various social campaign 2019
- Received CSR Award for contribution in Women & Child Health initiative 2019
- Received CME Excellence Educator Award at CME Excellence & Summit Awards for Medical Education for Medical Excellence 2019.
- Received Award for contributing in medical field from Indian Medical Association, 2019
- Received an award as "Inspiring Gynaecologist of West India" at ET Health world Fertility Conclave 2019.
- The “Economics Times” Award for “Inspiring Gynaecologists of India”– Doctor’s Day Conclave June 2018, Hyatt Regency, New Delhi.
- Doctor’s Day Award “IMA EMPOWERED WOMEN AWARD” in July at Chennai 2018
- Femina Presents 5th World Women Leadrship Congress & Awards 2018 for “Women Super Achiever Award”, Taj LandsEnd, Mumbai.
- Received “Bharat Gaurav Award” 2014 at House of Commons, London.
- Bloom Fertility Centre headed by Dr Palshetkar has been awarded The Prestigious “Frost and Sullivan” Best Practices Award as IVF Service Provider Company of the Year, India 2013.